Thursday, April 30, 2009

Contrast....

.
At the beginning of the school year.....
"This is a jack stand, and this is how you use it to support a vehicle".

Today....
"Oh, so you think EGR systems are easy? How about telling me what Cerium Oxide is and what it's significance to vehicle exhaust emissions is?".

Some of the students are making me stretch to keep them challenged. One has already been accepted to an Aeronautics college. Another half dozen to other post secondary schools, and even more waiting on application interviews. I've recommended four for scholarships, and two for awards.

A few more.... I have to remind them daily to stop touching each other, and not to throw stuff in the halls.

One told me today he doesn't want to graduate, but stay there with us instead. Sorry kid... life is coming at you fast.

Four weeks till graduation....

No comments: