Sunday, October 5, 2008

The universe tries to teach me patience.......

And fails in epic style.....

This morning I hie myself to the market for bread and milk.
Simple enough task, and all I really wanted out of the deal was the milk.

One checkout line open.... utterly snafued by two elderly women in their Sunday going to meeting finery.... paying for the church snacks in change. Pennies. Piles of them. The old ladies were not together.

The only checkout line.

Bloody hell..... I do not feel a good day coming on.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

It never fails, when I'm late to an appointment somewhere I always get into the "12 items only, no checks" lane behind the guy buying 45 bags of Tater Tots, paying with a check from the Bank of Mozambique.

Somerled said...

Well, at least you didn't have to follow them to and from the market. But then again, maybe you did.