Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Quiche

.
This morning, a quiche. Inspired by photos and recipe at Brigids house of weight gain, I fired up the ol' oven and cranked out a few crusts full of delightful decadence.

Now, I didn't have any of the Penzeys spice that she recommended, but I managed to make do. A faint dusting of smoked paprika kissed the crust before it was loaded with lots of crisp peppered bacon, extra sharp cheddar cheese, free range eggs, heavy cream, minced garlic, sauteed onions, dried onions, dried parsley, kosher salt, and just a tiny bit of Montreal steak seasoning.

Baked at 400 till just turning golden, the smell drifts through the house drawing every soul from bed. Even the fish crowded the glass of the tank to watch the quiches being removed from the oven and set to cool.


I followed the recipe as best I could, right up to eating two pieces of bacon and sharing one with the dog. It's a winner, a crowd pleaser, and worth every minute it takes to make.

Now, please excuse me while I refill my coffee cup and get myself just one more slice...

No comments: